Thursday, December 18, 2008
Kayla had her 4 month appointment earlier this week. She is doing really good. At her 2 month she was barely on the charts. . .like the 5th %. Now she is 25% and 50%. She is just over 14 lbs. She is still a peanut but seems big to us. Considering she is about 10 lbs more then the day she was born . . .she is huge. It is weird to think that at 2 months she was barely bigger then what Alex was the day he was born. At 4 months Alex was closer to 20 lbs. I need to go look and see because I wouldn't doubt if he was 20lb +. Anyway, our little angle is growing up really fast. This week we figured out that Kayla is ticklish. She has a cute little giggle!
Posted by Kristina Peterson at 6:35 AM
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Posted by Kristina Peterson at 9:56 AM
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Erik started to record Alex because he was being hilarious. Well Alex saw the camera and wanted it and quit being so darn funny. He started to throw a temper tantrum because he wanted the camera so bad. Erik got the whole thing on tape. We watched this about 5 times in a row and I could not stop laughing. It wasn't funny the first time when it actually happened but every time after we all laughed. Even Alex laughed. Alex would tell us what happened and try to act it out and then he would say thats funny! Now don't think we are abusive for finding this funny. Please let me know if you thought it was funny too or if it is just us being the parents and being bias.
Posted by Kristina Peterson at 7:19 PM
Friday, December 12, 2008
I decided to record Kayla for her 4 month pictures. She was dressed so cute and I thought it would be fun. I need to catch her when she is happy because she is so cute when she tries to talk to us. She mostly blows spit bubbles but it is dang cute. She is happy but not willing to perform in front of the camera!
Posted by Kristina Peterson at 10:04 AM
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
I gave Kayla boo hair (Mosters, Inc.) and had to take a picture. Then Alex decided he wanted to hold her. The picture with his hand over her eyes is him protecting her from the paparazzi. He kept saying no eyes! He is a funny little boy. Kayla will be 4 months old this Friday. Where has the time gone. She is a great baby. . .she is sleeping through the night, rolling over, smiling and razzing. She is a mamas girl right now but I have a feeling that in a year or so she will be daddys girl. I love the thought of that. . . every daddy needs a daddys girl!
This is my house as decorated as it is going to get. I havnt decorated for the last 2 years because we are always in Idaho. . . I know, I know, lame excuse. I decided that since Alex is getting older I need to get the traditions rolling. He helped me decorate the tree and put it up. Yes it is a fake. He would hand me the branches and I would say "Thank you Alex" after about 3 branches he would say "Thank you Mommy" He loves to help. He also helped me put the ornaments on the tree. I think this helped him keep from touching them. He has only touched them once and ended up breaking one. He has not touched it since. He also helped me wrap the picture frames. Well he put the bow on. . . the best part, RIGHT!
Posted by Kristina Peterson at 8:20 AM
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
We went to Missouri for Thanksgiving to visit Erik's side of the family. We stayed with a couple of different cousins while we were there. Well we were staying with Eriks's cousin Kim and her family. She has 2 boys who are 9 and 10 years old. They had a cousin visiting that is 12 years old. They were so good to Alex. The problem was that ALex thought he was as big as them and he kept getting hurt trying to wrestle and play with them. He would run down there long hall crying that the boys were picking on them. I said if you can't be tough then don't play with them. Then I would ask if he wanted to go back and play. . . he always said yes. Well the boys came up with this brilliant idea for a good time. They put a blankent on the floor with a pillow and one of them would hold Alex while the other 2 dragged them down the long hall. Alex loved it. Well one of the boys decided to try it by himself just pulling Alex without anyone else. I am not sure exactly what happened but Alex's head ended up catching a corner and it was cut open. We ended up running him to the emergency room where they put 4 staples in his head! He was so tough in there. He didn't cry until they started to clean the wound and the liquid started to drip down his face. "who cares about the needle and the 4 staples they used but the liquid was horrifying" When we got home those boys felt soooo bad. I told them accidents happen and that it wasn't anyones fault. They were good to let Alex play with them and they were trying to be good to him. All 3 of those boys are really good boys.
Anyway, other then that we had a great time in Missouri. Erik's family is wonderful. . . every single one of them. We liked Missouri so muc that we are thinking about moving there. Erik wants to move there in the next 3 years. Who knows what the future will hold.
Posted by Kristina Peterson at 6:02 AM
Monday, November 24, 2008
Posted by Kristina Peterson at 3:40 PM
Friday, November 21, 2008
Sorry about the red eye but I didn't take the time to edit the photos before posting. So the cute little pink and white outfits with embroidered flowers and things all over it was sent to Kayla from Grandpa and Grandma in India. I have had the outfit for awhile but she has been to small to wear it until today. She looks so cute in it. The hair was inspired yesterday. She had a headband on and I pushed it back, just playing around. Well then I started messing with her hair and making it stick straight up. I loved the messy, sassy look so I decided when I put her in her new outfit I would fix her hair all sassy too. Sorry if it is too crazy for some of you but I LOVE it!
I watched my friend Christy's kids yesterday. Olivia is 4 1/2 and Ava is almost 2 months. She is about 6 to 7 weeks younger then Kayla. Both of Christy's kids are adopted too. She actually is one of the reasons we decided to adopt in the first place. Without her I dont think we would have our kids.
Christy and I have decided that Ava and Kayla are BFF's. Alex and Olivia really enjoy each other and I bet Ava and Kayla won't have a problem loving each other either.
Posted by Kristina Peterson at 1:12 PM
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Kayla turned 3 months old this last Wed. I can't believe it has already been 3 months. She is becoming more playful and fun everyday. I can now get a little pony tail in her hair. (I probably could have always got one in but never tried. . .she has so much hair) It is so cute. I put the elastic in her hair and the tie a bow around it. She is so adorable.
THis is a great shot of Grandma Audrey holding Kayla! You can tell that she is in love with our little girl! We are lucky to live so close to Grandpa Larrie and Grandma Audrey. Alex and Kayla both adore them. Alex asks for Grandpa and Grandma on a daily basis. We love being able to do fun things with them, like going to "the house on the rock" about a month ago. We are all very excited to go to Missouri next week for Thanksgiving.
Last night Grandpa and Grandma were over to watch the kids for us so we could go to "Wicked". When we got back, Grandma Audrey couldn't get her stories out she was laughing so hard. SHe had some good ones about both Larrie and Alex. Larrie and Alex pretend fight all of the time. Alex ended up with a bit of a bloody lip. It was all in good fun! Alex's favorite thing to do is pick on Grandpa Larrie! We all get laughing so hard that we can't stand it.
We were trying to figure out how to use the sling and Alex decided he wanted to try. He loved being in there. It was pretty funny!
Posted by Kristina Peterson at 5:03 PM
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
I get to pick 6 things about Alex to share with the rest of you!
1. Alex is the best 2 year old helper ever. If it is time to clean up he is right beside us picking up his toys and putting them away. If I pull out the broom to sweep he goes and gets one too and he sweeps away. The other day I was vacuuming and he got the broom out and swept the carpet right beside me. Also with laundry when I take a basket of clean clothes up to fold he follows me with a basket of dirty clothes. (yes it creates more work but I want him to know that it is good to help.) It is cute how he hauls the basket up 2 flights of stairs all by himself.
2. Alex is very particular about certain things. He has a blanket with blue on one side and yellow on the other. If you put it on him with the blue side up he will say "turn it around mom (or dad)" It has to be yellow facing up.
3. Alex loves water!!! I mean he LOVES water. At church this last sunday we stayed for a baptism. We bribed him with cookies to be good and it worked. . . until. . .they opened the doors to the font. He screamed, "water, water,. . .that way"! pointing to the water. I then had to explain that he could not go swimming at church! A lot of people who heard our conversation got a good laugh!
4. Alex adores his baby sister Kayla. 2 sundays ago he did not want to leave nursery and go home. He said "go away mom" He was having to much fun. So I said lets go see daddy. . ."no go away" then I said well Kayla needs you . . .so he said okay and came with me. If Kayla is crying he wants us to stop what ever we are doing and take care of her. He says "baby crying" . Even if I am putting him to bed and he doesnt want to go to bed he would rather me go and tend to her if she is crying. It makes bed time easier if she is crying! (erik you pinch Kayla while I put Alex to bed. . .just kidding)
5. Like Brett, (Courtni) Alex loves kids. He especially likes the older kids between the ages of 8 and 12. We went to a familys house from church for desert and there were no little kids. They were worried that Alex wouldnt have any fun. He was downstairs playing with all of the kids ages 8 to 17. He is very social but sometimes takes a minute to warm up. Once he warms up then who cares about mom and dad.
6. Alex also loves sports. He loves to throw the ball, kick the ball, dunk the ball in his hoop. We went to Erik's softball game one time and I had to take Alex away because he didn't want to watch. . . he wanted to play. He kept trying to run on the field. Can you blame him?
I tag Keayen, Haddie, Tally, Monika, Tayton, and Gavin (Rebecca you better get to work!)
Posted by Kristina Peterson at 11:47 AM
Monday, November 10, 2008
Just a heads up! I blogged 3 different things last night! Dad. . Mom. . .I dont want you to miss the other 2 if you didnt see them. Scroll down aways and you can see them.
Last night I put Kayla in her own bed for the first time. I had tried before but she wasnt quite ready. I put her to bed about 9 and she slept until 6. She has been sleeping through the night for about 2 weeks now but in my bed with me. We have lucked out with both our kids. Alex slept through the night at about 7 weeks and Kayla was about 13 weeks. THe bad news is that Alex got up at 4 this morning and we have been up with him ever since.
Kayla is lifting her head really good and I thought she was going to turn over yesterday. She is very strong on her belly. She puts her weight on her hands and looks around. She has been responding to us with smiles for the last week. If someone else is holding her she will listen for my voice and follow me around the room with her eyes. She is amazing
Posted by Kristina Peterson at 5:47 AM