This is the day we brought Kayla home. I finally figured out how to post videos. Hopefully I can get better at it so there will be more to come.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Posted by Unknown at 3:40 PM
Friday, November 21, 2008
Sorry about the red eye but I didn't take the time to edit the photos before posting. So the cute little pink and white outfits with embroidered flowers and things all over it was sent to Kayla from Grandpa and Grandma in India. I have had the outfit for awhile but she has been to small to wear it until today. She looks so cute in it. The hair was inspired yesterday. She had a headband on and I pushed it back, just playing around. Well then I started messing with her hair and making it stick straight up. I loved the messy, sassy look so I decided when I put her in her new outfit I would fix her hair all sassy too. Sorry if it is too crazy for some of you but I LOVE it!
I watched my friend Christy's kids yesterday. Olivia is 4 1/2 and Ava is almost 2 months. She is about 6 to 7 weeks younger then Kayla. Both of Christy's kids are adopted too. She actually is one of the reasons we decided to adopt in the first place. Without her I dont think we would have our kids.
Christy and I have decided that Ava and Kayla are BFF's. Alex and Olivia really enjoy each other and I bet Ava and Kayla won't have a problem loving each other either.
Posted by Unknown at 1:12 PM
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Kayla turned 3 months old this last Wed. I can't believe it has already been 3 months. She is becoming more playful and fun everyday. I can now get a little pony tail in her hair. (I probably could have always got one in but never tried. . .she has so much hair) It is so cute. I put the elastic in her hair and the tie a bow around it. She is so adorable.
THis is a great shot of Grandma Audrey holding Kayla! You can tell that she is in love with our little girl! We are lucky to live so close to Grandpa Larrie and Grandma Audrey. Alex and Kayla both adore them. Alex asks for Grandpa and Grandma on a daily basis. We love being able to do fun things with them, like going to "the house on the rock" about a month ago. We are all very excited to go to Missouri next week for Thanksgiving.
Last night Grandpa and Grandma were over to watch the kids for us so we could go to "Wicked". When we got back, Grandma Audrey couldn't get her stories out she was laughing so hard. SHe had some good ones about both Larrie and Alex. Larrie and Alex pretend fight all of the time. Alex ended up with a bit of a bloody lip. It was all in good fun! Alex's favorite thing to do is pick on Grandpa Larrie! We all get laughing so hard that we can't stand it.
We were trying to figure out how to use the sling and Alex decided he wanted to try. He loved being in there. It was pretty funny!
Posted by Unknown at 5:03 PM
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
I get to pick 6 things about Alex to share with the rest of you!
1. Alex is the best 2 year old helper ever. If it is time to clean up he is right beside us picking up his toys and putting them away. If I pull out the broom to sweep he goes and gets one too and he sweeps away. The other day I was vacuuming and he got the broom out and swept the carpet right beside me. Also with laundry when I take a basket of clean clothes up to fold he follows me with a basket of dirty clothes. (yes it creates more work but I want him to know that it is good to help.) It is cute how he hauls the basket up 2 flights of stairs all by himself.
2. Alex is very particular about certain things. He has a blanket with blue on one side and yellow on the other. If you put it on him with the blue side up he will say "turn it around mom (or dad)" It has to be yellow facing up.
3. Alex loves water!!! I mean he LOVES water. At church this last sunday we stayed for a baptism. We bribed him with cookies to be good and it worked. . . until. . .they opened the doors to the font. He screamed, "water, water,. . .that way"! pointing to the water. I then had to explain that he could not go swimming at church! A lot of people who heard our conversation got a good laugh!
4. Alex adores his baby sister Kayla. 2 sundays ago he did not want to leave nursery and go home. He said "go away mom" He was having to much fun. So I said lets go see daddy. . ."no go away" then I said well Kayla needs you . . .so he said okay and came with me. If Kayla is crying he wants us to stop what ever we are doing and take care of her. He says "baby crying" . Even if I am putting him to bed and he doesnt want to go to bed he would rather me go and tend to her if she is crying. It makes bed time easier if she is crying! (erik you pinch Kayla while I put Alex to bed. . .just kidding)
5. Like Brett, (Courtni) Alex loves kids. He especially likes the older kids between the ages of 8 and 12. We went to a familys house from church for desert and there were no little kids. They were worried that Alex wouldnt have any fun. He was downstairs playing with all of the kids ages 8 to 17. He is very social but sometimes takes a minute to warm up. Once he warms up then who cares about mom and dad.
6. Alex also loves sports. He loves to throw the ball, kick the ball, dunk the ball in his hoop. We went to Erik's softball game one time and I had to take Alex away because he didn't want to watch. . . he wanted to play. He kept trying to run on the field. Can you blame him?
I tag Keayen, Haddie, Tally, Monika, Tayton, and Gavin (Rebecca you better get to work!)
Posted by Unknown at 11:47 AM
Monday, November 10, 2008
Just a heads up! I blogged 3 different things last night! Dad. . Mom. . .I dont want you to miss the other 2 if you didnt see them. Scroll down aways and you can see them.
Last night I put Kayla in her own bed for the first time. I had tried before but she wasnt quite ready. I put her to bed about 9 and she slept until 6. She has been sleeping through the night for about 2 weeks now but in my bed with me. We have lucked out with both our kids. Alex slept through the night at about 7 weeks and Kayla was about 13 weeks. THe bad news is that Alex got up at 4 this morning and we have been up with him ever since.
Kayla is lifting her head really good and I thought she was going to turn over yesterday. She is very strong on her belly. She puts her weight on her hands and looks around. She has been responding to us with smiles for the last week. If someone else is holding her she will listen for my voice and follow me around the room with her eyes. She is amazing
Posted by Unknown at 5:47 AM
Sunday, November 9, 2008
I was gone for about an hour, I can't remember where I was but these are the pictures that were taken while I was gone. Now we know what Dad's do when mom's arent around!
They leave the 2 year old in charge!
Posted by Unknown at 5:21 PM
My friend Darlene came over with her son Jackson. Alex LOVES Jackson! He asks for Jackson on a daily basis. He says "Jackson coming?" and usually I say not today. Well this day he came and we raked our leaves in a pile for them to play in. We buried them a few times too. Most of the pictures Jackson is under the leaves. He is older then Alex so he cooperates a little bit more. They had so much fun. Alex had to show dad what they did when dad got home from work! The best toys ever are the ones you don't have to buy!
Posted by Unknown at 5:07 PM
These are a couple of more Halloween photos. I will probably post them randomly as we get them because we forgot our camera that night. I am still waiting for my frined Christy to send me what she had. Doesn't Kayla make the cutest pumpkin ever! I am the devil but a nice good one! (Is there such a thing?) ~I just wanted to wear fake eyelashes and happened to find these cute barretts that are the horns!~
Posted by Unknown at 5:01 PM